All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis handbook provides comprehensive information relevant to community and district nurses and new community matrons. It incorpoprates discussions on legal and ethical issues, case management, interprofessional working, commissioning and leadership. This book is an excellent resource for nurses who want to broaden kwledge of their role and who may be undertaking community matron university modules. Nursing Standard I believe that A Handbook for Advanced Primary Care Nurses should be extensively read and that it will prove to be an essential resource for nurses striving to improve public health and patient care in the communities of today and tomorrow. It may, with political will and a skilled and determined workforce help Florence Nightingale's vision come true. Lynn Young, Primary Health Care Adviser, Royal College of Nursing, UK This important new handbook for Primary Care Nurses is designed to assist senior nurses in developing the understanding and skills required to be effective at both strategic and operational levels. As well as exploring the context of advanced primary care practice, the book provides the tools needed for enhancing care delivery within both primary care and community settings. A Handbook for Advanced Primary Care Nurses is an accessible guide to working strategically in primary care. It offers practical support across a range of core areas, including: Case finding and case management Mentorship Leadership and management Needs assessment Interprofessional working PrescribingNe and Price encourage readers to think analytically about their practice and include activities and reflection points throughout the book to help with this. This book is the ideal companion both for nurse practitioners undertaking courses at advanced practice level and for professionals working at all levels in primary care.
- Author BiographyRebecca Neno is Community Services Team Manager for Lincolnshire Teaching Primary Care Trust and Visiting Senior Lecturer in Nursing at the University of Lincoln, UK. Debby Price is Head of School, Community Health and Social Care at Thames Valley University, UK.
- Author(s)Debby Price,Rebecca Neno
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight402 g
- Width60 mm
- Height91 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.