All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis landmark handbook brings together the fundamentals of counselling children and young people theory, research, skills and practice. It addresses what every successful trainee or practitioner needs to kw in a way that is comprehensive, accessible and jargon-free. Divided into four parts, it covers: *theory and practice approaches, including chapters on child development, person-centred, psychodynamic, CBT, Gestalt approaches, and more *counselling process, including chapters on the therapeutic relationship, skills, groupwork, supervision *practice issues, including chapters on law and policy, ethics, diversity, challenging behaviour *practice settings, including chapters on health and social care settings, school and education, multi-agency and collaboration. Each chapter includes a chapter introduction and summary, reflective questions and activities, helping trainees to cement their learning. With chapters contributed by leading experts and academics in the field, this book is essential reading for trainees and practitioners working with children and young people.
- Author BiographyMaggie Robson is a senior lecturer at Keele University where she is responsible for the professional counsellor training programmes to Master's level. She is also a qualified play therapist and has a special interest in working with, and researching, children's bereavement. She has taught play therapy programmes in the UK, Kenya and the US and trained the first play therapy supervisors in Kenya. In her free time she is a bit of a water baby and enjoys sailing, canoeing and swimming. She also loves walking and bike riding and the occasional glass of wine! Ann Beynon has worked as a teacher, counsellor, trainer and Service manager for the last 40 years. She is convinced of the eclectic role of the counsellor in the development of effective learning relationships in educational and community settings. This conviction led her to focus on ways of developing integrated time for reflection, for teachers. To this end, she researched the application of a non-management therapeutic model of supervision within the educational context. Based on positive findings from this research, she has now established a Service which provides regular Structured Time for Reflection, for head teachers and their staff.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication17/11/2014
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight907 g
- Width186 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byAnn Beynon,Maggie Robson,Sue Pattison
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.