All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionAn in-depth look at the strategies, capital structure, and fund raising techniques for emerging growth and middle-market companies. Here is a comprehensive and practical guide to understanding and applying the basics of corporate finance to emerging growth and middle-market companies. Using empirical data and actual company cases to illustrate capital structures and financing approaches, the book provides a detailed discussion of the many funding instruments, from traditional bank loans and asset-based financing to different types of private equity and other creative solutions; the types of funding sources and their expected rates of returns; and typical deal terms.
- Author BiographyKENNETH H. MARKS is President of an emerging growth subsidiary of the Raytheon Company, and Managing Director of Marks & Company Inc. (www.marksandcompany.com), which provides strategic advisory and corporate development services. Mr. Marks has been involved as management, advisor, and board member with over a dozen emerging growth and middle-market companies. He is a member of the Young Presidents Organization (YPO), the founding YPO Sponsor of the Young Entrepreneurs Organization (YEO), RTP, NC, as well as a member of the Council for Entrepreneurial Development, and the Association for Corporate Growth. He created and teaches Managing Emerging Growth Companies, an MBA elective at the Hult International Business School in Boston. Mr. Marks obtained his MBA from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. LARRY E. ROBBINS is a founding partner of Wyrick Robbins Yates & Ponton LLP, a premier law firm in North Carolina. Mr. Robbins is a frequent lecturer on the topics of venture capital and corporate finance. He serves on the boards of directors of entrepreneurial support organizations, technology trade associations, and charitable and arts organizations, and received his BA, MBA, and JD from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Mr. Robbins was also a Morehead Scholar at UNC. GONZALO FERNANDEZ is a retired vice president and controller of ITT's telecom business in North Carolina. Subsequent to that, he spent fifteen years working as a finance executive for emerging growth companies. He is a past president of the Raleigh Chapter of the Institute of Management Accountants. He received his BA in accounting from Havana University, Cuba, and authored Estados Financieros (Financial Statements). JOHN P.FUNKHOUSER has been a partner with two venture capital funds, and has operated as chief executive officer of four companies in a variety of industries, from retail to high technology. Mr. Funkhouser worked in commercial banking with Chemical Bank of New York, in investment banking with Wheat First Securities, and in venture capital with Hillcrest Group. He has an undergraduate degree from Princeton University and an MBA from the University of Virginia, Darden Graduate School of Business Administration.
- Author(s)Gonzalo Fernandez,John P. Funkhouser,Kenneth H. Marks,Larry E. Robbins
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication03/05/2005
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Series TitleWiley Finance Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Out-of-print date25/08/2009
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight730 g
- Width159 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine41 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.