Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $227.55+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $142.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionThe Handbook of Group Research and Practice emphasizes the connections among basic research and theory, applied research, and group practice to demonstrate how theory and research translate into methods for working with groups. It is an excellent resource for students, academics, and practitioners in the fields of psychotherapy, psychology, sociology, management, communications, social work, education, and science and techlogy Key features include: - a multidisciplinary and international perspective from international contributors; - an historical overview of the development of research and group practice; - identifying contemporary issues with an emphasis on the research agenda in the field; - descriptions of seven different theoretical perspectives on how groups function; - looks at both traditional and new methods of studying group research; - advancing current efforts to increase the understanding of how groups are employed and operate to solve pressing social and individual problems. The Handbook of Group Research and Practice is a unique, interdisciplinary resource written by world-rewned researchers and practitioners who work with teams and groups in a variety of settings. As a result, this handbook provides students, academics, and practitioners with the most comprehensive understanding about the latest findings and issues in group research and practice to date.
- Author BiographySusan A. Wheelan, PhD, is president of GDQ Associates, Inc. She was professor of Psychological Studies and faculty director of the Training and Development Center at Temple University. She has worked in a number of school, hospital, and clinical settings. Dr. Wheelan received Temple University's Great Teacher Award in 1992. She is coeditor of The Lewin Legacy: Field Theory in Current Practice and Advances in Field Theory. She coauthored How to Discipline Without Feeling Guilty. Dr. Wheelan is the author of Facilitating Training Groups, Group Processes: A Developmental Perspective, The Handbook of Group Research and Practice, and Creating Effective Teams: A Guide for Members and Leaders. She has written numerous articles for publication as well. Dr. Wheelan has provided consultation to a wide variety of organizations. She has led workshops and training seminars on such topics as Executive Development, The Role of the Internal Consultant, Working in Teams, Management Skills, Communication Skills, Dealing With Difficult Employees, Leadership, Conflict Management, and many more. She has been an invited speaker in Sweden, Norway, England, Ireland, Israel, the Netherlands, and throughout the United States. Topics included group and organizational development, diversity, and conflict management.
- Author(s)Susan A. Wheelan
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication03/08/2005
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1225 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine38 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.