All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionPraise for the first edition: 'How well the author understands her subject...There are good clear case studies, training activities, clear explanations. Properly used and applied, her advice could have a more calming effect on a school than the most elaborate disciplinary policy.' - The Times Educational Supplement Everything you need to kw about supervising primary pupils during the lunchtime break is covered in this handbook. This new edition of A Handbook of Lunchtime Supervision has been fully updated to incorporate Every Child Matters, recent changes in legislation on safeguarding children and the career and development of Lunchtime Supervisors. Including a new chapter on healthy eating and an exploration of the role of the teaching assistant at lunchtime, it provides guidance on important issues and includes activities to supplement advice, and examples of good practice. Topics include: * how to encourage healthy eating * health and safety issues * communication systems at lunchtime * how to cope with challenging pupils * the role of the teaching assistant at lunchtime * safeguarding children * building relationships with children and managing their behaviour * the prevention of bullying * organising and sustaining outdoor play and wet play * issues for head teachers and managers of lunchtime teams. A Handbook of Lunchtime Supervision is essential reading for lunchtime supervisors and teaching assistants with all levels of experience, and can be used as a training manual by head teachers or senior managers of lunchtime teams.
- Author BiographyShirley Rose is a freelance consultant and trainer working with teachers, lunchtime staff, teaching assistants and children in London's primary schools.
- Author(s)Shirley Rose
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/10/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note13 black & white illustrations, 16 black & white tables
- Weight408 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.