All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis state-of-the-art book reviews key issues and methods in medical image perception research through associated techniques, illustrations and examples. Written by key figures in the field, the book covers a range of topics including the history of medical image perception research, the basics of vision and cognition, and dedicated application areas, especially those concerned with the interface between the clinician and the display of medical image data. It summarises many of the basic techniques used to conduct and analyse medical image perception and observer performance research, allowing readers to understand basic research techniques so they can adopt them for use in their own studies. Written for both newcomers to the field and experienced researchers, this book provides a broad overview of medical image perception, and will serve as a reference volume for years to come.
- Author BiographyEhsan Samei is a Professor of Radiology, Biomedical Engineering, and Physics at Duke University where he serves as the Director of the Duke Advanced Imaging Laboratories (DAI Labs) and the Directory of Graduate Studies for Medical Physics. His current interests include medical image formation, analysis, display, and perception, with particular focus on quantitative and molecular imaging. Elizabeth Krupinski is a Research Professor at the University of Arizona in the Departments of Radiology, Psychology and Public Health. She is the Associate Director of Evaluation and Assessment for the Arizona Telemedicine Program, President of the Medical Image Perception Society and serves on the editorial boards of a number of journals in both radiology and telemedicine.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication03/12/2009
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note170 b/w illus.
- Weight1410 g
- Width219 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byEhsan Samei,Elizabeth Krupinski
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.