Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.98
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionThe Handbook of Pragmatics is a collection of newly commissioned articles that provide an authoritative and accessible introduction to the field, including an overview of the foundations of pragmatic theory and a detailed examination of the rich and varied theoretical and empirical sub domains of pragmatics. This book: contains 32 newly commissioned articles that outline the central themes and challenges for current research in the field of linguistic pragmatics; provides authoritative and accessible introduction to the field and a detailed examination of the varied theoretical and empirical sub domains of pragmatics; and, includes extensive bibliography that serves as a research tool for those working in pragmatics and allied fields in linguistics, philosophy, and cognitive science. It is a valuable resource for both students and professional researchers investigating the properties of meaning, reference, and context in sub domains language.
- Author BiographyLaurence R. Horn is Professor and Director of Graduate Studies in the Yale University Department of Linguistics. His publications include A Natural History of Negation (1989/2001) and numerous articles addressing the union (if not the intersection) of lexical semantics, negation, and neo-Gricean approaches to meaning in natural language. He is currently working on a new book, Lexical Pragmatics. Gregory Ward is Professor of Linguistics at Northwestern University. His extensive publications in the area of pragmatics and information structure include Information Status and Noncanonical Word Order in English (with Betty Birner, 1998) and The Semantics and Pragmatics of Preposing (1988). He is also editor of a new series on language in the real word and currently serves as Secretary-Treasurer of the Linguistic Society of America.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication01/12/2005
- Series TitleBlackwell Handbooks in Linguistics
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Note54 illustrations
- Weight1460 g
- Width176 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Edited byGregory Ward,Laurence R. Horn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.