All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the definitive guide to program management - fully updated and revised. Program managers must strike a balance between operations and project implementations in order to develop and maintain a culture in which the components of success are repeatable. The Handbook of Program Management is designed to help you do exactly that. This go-to guide supplies you with the insight and tools you need to establish processes that ensure the success of your project managers - and increase the profitability of your products and services. Fully updated and heavily revised, this new edition helps you incorporate new techlogies and people into your processes while delivering improved products and services that continually outpace your competition. The Handbook of Program Management provides critical information from a trusted expert. In addition to the classic chapters on Attributes of the Effective Program Manager, Stakeholder Management, and Portfolio Management Essentials, this updated edition is packed with brand new material covering: change management; interfaces; how bad projects are stopped or postponed; how consultants and subcontractors should be used; and program performance analysis; the role of governance. Avoiding the complicated theories and phantom quick-fixes you'll find in other books, The Handbook of Program Management offers straightforward, actionable methods for establishing a highly effective project management culture: one with integrity, energy, and full stakeholder support. Nowhere else will you find such comprehensive, authoritative information on creating successful program management outcomes. The author takes you on the entire journey, from strategically creating a program culture, to building effective relationships, and to analyzing ways of accomplishing your program objectives. The Handbook of Program Management is essential reading for program managers of all levels, whether you're a vice seeking certification in the field or an executive looking to build a flexible organization that can support dynamic on-going product development. Praise for the previous edition of The Handbook of Program Management: Brown's book captures the essential skills of program and project management. It serves as a 'how to' guide for those entering the business, as well as a refresher on the skills and attributes for those ready to take the next step. The book effectively defines the leader's role in creating the team culture and environment for success. (Eugene F. Kranz, Apollo 13 Flight Director, author of Failure Is Not an Option, and retired Director NASA Space Operations). Program management is one of the toughest jobs a person can hold ...and James Brown kws Program Management. Here's a chance to learn from the scar tissue of others rather than your own. (Norman R. Augustine, retired Chairman and CEO, Lockheed Martin Corporation). Finally, a pragmatic book that shares the secrets behind successful program management. If I was giving one book to program managers, this would be it! Any business leader in today's environment of accelerating change will benefit from this book. (Jack Cooper, former CIO, Bristol-Myers Squibb).
- Author BiographyJames T. Brown, Ph.D., is President of SEBA Solutions Inc., which provides project management training for organizations around the world. He has received the Engineer of the Year award from the Cape Canaveral Technical Societies and is a recipient of the NASA Public Service Medal for exceptional contributions to NASA's mission.
- Author(s)James T Brown
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/08/2014
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Series TitleBusiness Books
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight576 g
- Width160 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement2nd edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.