All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionThe Handbook of Speech Perception is a collection of forward-looking articles that offer a summary of the technical and theoretical accomplishments in this vital area of research on language. * Now available in paperback, this uniquely comprehensive companion brings together in one volume the latest research conducted in speech perception * Contains original contributions by leading researchers in the field * Illustrates technical and theoretical accomplishments and challenges across the field of research and language * Adds to a growing understanding of the far-reaching relevance of speech perception in the fields of phonetics, audiology and speech science, cognitive science, experimental psychology, behavioral neuroscience, computer science, and electrical engineering, among others.
- Author BiographyDavid B. Pisoni is Chancellor's Professor of Psychology and Cognitive Science and Adjunct Professor of Linguistics at Indiana University in Bloomington. He is also an Adjunct Professor of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery at the Indiana University School of Medicine. He has published numerous articles on topics such as speech synthesis, speech perception and spoken word recognition, and acoustic phonetics in a wide variety of scientific journals including Science, Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, Ear and Hearing, and Speech Communication. Robert E. Remez is Ann Whitney Olin Professor of Psychology at Barnard College, Columbia University. His research on the perception and production of speech has focused on perceptual organization and the identification of individual talkers. His research reports have appeared in a variety of scientific journals including Journal of Experimental Psychology: Human Perception and Performance, Perception & Psychophysics, Psychological Review, Psychological Science, and Science.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication10/08/2007
- Series TitleBlackwell Handbooks in Linguistics
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight1156 g
- Width172 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byDavid B. Pisoni,Robert Remez
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.