All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.82
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionIn recent years, the study of textiles and culture has become a dynamic field of scholarship, reflecting new global, material and techlogical possibilities. This is the first handbook of specially commissioned essays to provide a guide to the major strands of critical work around textiles past and present and to draw upon the work of artists and designers as well as researchers in textiles studies. The handbook offers an authoritative and wide-ranging guide to the topics, issues, and questions that are central to the study of textiles today: it examines how material practices reflect cross-cultural influences; it explores textiles' relationships to history, memory, place, and social and techlogical change; and considers their influence on fashion and design, sustainable production, craft, architecture, curation and contemporary textile art practice. This illustrated volume will be essential reading for students and scholars involved in research on textiles and related subjects such as dress, costume and fashion, feminism and gender, art and design, and cultural history. Cover image: Anne Wilson, To Cross (Walking New York), 2014. Site-specific performance and sculpture at The Drawing Center, NYC. Thread cross research. Photo: Christie Carlson/Anne Wilson Studio.
- Author BiographyJanis Jefferies is Professor of Visual Arts and Research Fellow at the Constance Howard Resource and Research Centre in Textiles at Goldsmiths, University of London, UK. Diana Wood Conroy is Emeritus Professor of Visual Arts at the University of Wollongong, Australia. Hazel Clark is Professor of Design Studies and Fashion Studies, and Research Chair of Fashion at the Parsons School of Design, The New School, New York, USA.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication05/11/2015
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerg Publishers
- Content Note80 colour and 20 bw illus
- Weight1167 g
- Width169 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byDiana Wood Conroy,Hazel Clark,Professor Janis Jefferies
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.