All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionThe Handmade Skateboard is the definitive book on building custom skate decks of all shapes and sizes, from the high-performance street deck to the classic longboard to a vintage pinstripe cruisers that will turn heads everywhere you go. When you make your own skateboard from scratch you have the opportunity to create something that is perfectly tailored to you: a deck that matches your height, your weight, your center of balance, your skill level and your intended use. More importantly, making your own skate deck allows you to design a perfect deck to fit your personal style, making a statement about who you are. There's thing wrong with choosing off-the-shelf and mass produced, but who doesn't prefer to stand out. Be different. Be one of a kind. That's what you get with a custom handmade skateboard. Whether you are an accomplished woodworker or an absolute beginner, The Handmade Skateboard guides you step-by-step through building five skateboard designs; from a simple Hack Board built in a few spare hours to a high-performance street deck pressed from seven layers of high-quality Maple veneers. A design guide covers everything you need to kw about sizing and shaping your deck and choosing the right trucks and hardware. And detailed photos, illustrations and clear written instruction throughout provide all the information and motivation you need to make your own skateboard from scratch.
- Author BiographyMatt Berger is a digital producer, author, and woodworker in northern California who has a passion for making things from scratch and teaching others how to do the same. Matt earned his stripes in the woodshop as an editor at Fine Woodworking magazine where he edited articles, and produced and starred in how-to videos featured on FineWoodworking.com. There, he honed his skills building high-quality furniture the authentic way with hand tools, sturdy joinery and quality hardwoods. These days, Matt practices woodworking on nights and weekends building skateboard decks out of his garage workshop, aka SK8Makers HQ and through his series of DIY Skateboard Workshops at local schools and community centers. By day, he s a content manager for a major Silicon Valley technology company, producing video, social media, and interactive content for the web.
- Author(s)Matt Berger
- PublisherSpring House Press
- Date of Publication15/09/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpring House Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, black & white line drawings
- Weight644 g
- Width204 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.