All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $72.58Trending at AU $75.11
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.85
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency often helps people find things they have lost. But they have never had to help a client find herself until w, in this latest installment of Alexander McCall Smith s best-selling and beloved series. A kindhearted brother and sister have taken in a woman kwn only as Mrs. a woman with memory of her name or of how she came to Botswana. And so it s up to Precious Ramotswe and her new co-director, Grace Makutsi, to discover the woman s identity. Meanwhile, motherhood proves to be obstacle to Mma Makutsi s professional success. As she settles into her role as partner at the agency, she also launches a new enterprise of her own: the Handsome Man s De Luxe Cafe, a restaurant for Gaborone s most fashionable diners. But even Miss 97 Per Cent isn t fully prepared for the temperamental chefs, drunken waiters, and other challenges that come with running one s own business. Help may come from an unexpected source, if only Mma Makutsi can swallow her pride and ask. And next door to the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency, Mr. J.L.B. Matekoni is all too familiar with the difficult decisions of business owners. He is finally forced to make a tough choice, one that will bring major changes to both Tlokweng Road Speedy Motors and the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency and that will require all of Mma Ramotswe s finesse and patience to sort out. With sympathy and indefatigable good humor, Mma Ramotswe and her friends see one ather through these major changes and discover along the way what true friendship really means.
- Author BiographyAlexander McCall Smith is the author of the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series, the Isabel Dalhousie series, the Portuguese Irregular Verbs series, and the 44 Scotland Street series. He is professor emeritus of medical law at the University of Edinburgh in Scotland and has served with many national and international organizations concerned with bioethics. He was born in what is now known as Zimbabwe and was a law professor at the University of Botswana. He lives in Scotland.
- Author(s)Professor of Medical Law Alexander McCall Smith
- PublisherPantheon Books
- Date of Publication28/10/2014
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleNo. 1 Ladies Detective Agency
- Series Part/Volume Number15
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPantheon Books
- Out-of-print date18/05/2017
- Weight454 g
- Width163 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.