All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Hand-Stitched Home: Projects and Inspiration for Creating Embroidered Textiles for the Home is an inspirational book by the embroiderer and textile designer Caroline Zoob. Full of beautifully photographed projects and ideas, from a simple flower on the edge of a chair cover to more intricate window treatments, this book will prove invaluable for anyone wanting to add elegant embroidered touches to modern, airy decorating schemes. In the introduction to The Hand-Stitched Home, Caroline considers crucial points essential for successful hand-stitching such as the choice and use of colour and fabric. She looks at sources of inspiration and explains the importance of spotting things that lend themselves to be captured in stitches such as the dots on the petals of a hellebore, the bare branches of trees or rolled bales of hay in a field. She advises how to seek inspiration from threads, buttons, picture frames, scraps of lace or old greetings cards. The book is then divided into five main chapters that include a wide variety of projects, such as making pictures and window dressing. The book concludes with a practical section that covers stitches and techniques, templates and suppliers. Whether you are an experienced sewer or taking up your needle for the first time, The Hand-Stitched Home will inspire you to create beautifully decorative pieces for your home.
- Author BiographyHaving only taken up sewing herself in her late thirties, CAROLINE ZOOB hopes to inspire people who have always wanted to sew but felt intimidated. After training as an opera singer and then qualifying as a solicitor, she is now an embroiderer and designer of china and textiles. She undertakes design commissions for several large companies and runs a website selling her embroidery and a range of home-wares. In 2000 Caroline and her husband became the tenants of Monks House in Sussex, the former home of Leonard and Virginia Wolf, staying for over a decade and tending the two-acre garden which has become an inspiration for Caroline's embroidery. www.carolinezoob.co.uk
- Author(s)Caroline Zoob
- PublisherJacqui Small LLP
- Date of Publication23/05/2013
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJacqui Small LLP
- Content Note100 colour photographs
- Width210 mm
- Height250 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.