All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.32
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
About this product
- DescriptionStories centuries in the making, and many centuries worth of stories, are an integral part of modern society. Whether modern or ancient, every culture has its myths. Mythology forms our understanding of our origin, history and traditions. They tell of our heroes and deities. Myths are vehicles for understanding religion, for learning language and for understanding society, but they can often be difficult to understand and confusing. The Handy Mythology Answer Book examines and explains, in plain English, numerous myths and mythology.
- Author Biography<b>David Leeming, Ph.D.</b> received his B.A. in English from Princeton University and his Ph.D. in comparative literature from New York University. He spent eight years teaching at Robert College in Istanbul and twenty-six years at the University of Connecticut in Storrs, where he is an emeritus professor of English and comparative literature. He has traveled widely, studying mythological traditions around the world. His books include a biography of James Baldwin and many books on mythology, including most recently <i>Myth: A Biography of Belief</i> (Oxford 2002), <i>Jealous Gods and Chosen People: The Mythology of the Middle East</i> (Oxford 2004), <i>The Oxford Companion to World Mythology</i> (Oxford 2005), <i>Creation Myths of the World</i> (ABC-CLIO 2010), <i>Medusa: In the Mirror of Time</i> (Reaktion 2013), and a revised edition of <i>The World of Myth</i> (Oxford, 2014). He is also editor in chief of <i>The Encyclopedia of Psychology and Religion</i> (3rd edition, Springer, 2014). He resides in Rhinebeck, New York.
- Author(s)David A. Leeming
- PublisherVisible Ink Press
- Date of Publication18/09/2014
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationCanton, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVisible Ink Press
- Content Note60 illustrations
- Weight702 g
- Width182 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.