All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Handyman's Guide To Profit includes all the information you need to start a successful handyman business in your community using the skills you already have and basic consumer level tools. As a handyman you'll never get laid off again. Regardless of the ecomy, homes and buildings always need repairs. When the ecomy crashed in 2008 millions lost jobs and many struggled for years and some are still struggling to catch up. I was fortunate then but years before I had a profitable writing and consulting business helping federally funded housing programs across the country. My reputation was established and I was selling books, a monthly newsletter, and traveling to help communities leverage the housing funds they received from the federal government. Unfortunately, after a national election, everything changed and all the housing funds disappeared and so did my business. Just as those who lost their jobs, the money stopped. What saved me was the handyman and carpenter skills I learned in my youth. My limited savings were dwindling and I didn't have time to find a job. I longer owned a truck so I purchased and outfitted a small trailer with all the handyman tools I needed and hit the ground running. After just a few ads in local weekly papers I was working everyday and making a decent living. At first most of the jobs were small and could have easily been handled by someone with limited experience and that was good because money flowed promptly. As time passed I started taking larger jobs and gradually moved from just handyman work to small remodeling jobs and finally, after renting a small shop, to woodworking which I continued for over twenty five years. Like losing a good job, a business failure can be traumatic and impose a serious financial hardship but with a few handyman skills anyone can quickly start making money. I kw that first hand and my book The Handyman's Guide To Profit: Using Your Skills To Make Money In Any Ecomy can help you do the same on a full time or part time basis. The ecomy has improved for some but it's still tough for many others. Good paying jobs are often hard to find and keep. With your handyman business you're in control. Start out with small jobs that you finish quickly to maintain cash flow and then grow as you learn more. If you have home repair skills you can start making money w as a handyman using only those skills and my book as a simple guide. In The Handyman's Guide To Profit you'll find twelve chapters of valuable how-to information that teaches you how to: *Find new customers *Price every job to ensure profit *Get paid in full for every job *Expand your skills for profitability *Use the Internet to increase profits *Keep customers coming back and giving referrals *Handle your accounting and taxes *Become a highly paid home repair expert Everything you need to kw to succeed financially as a handyman. No fluff or hype, just down to earth details on exactly how to make money using your present skills. No theory. This book is based entirely on my first-hand experience. For questions contact me w at firstname.lastname@example.org . Thanks.
- Author BiographyA. William (Bill) Benitez I had various occupations starting at age twelve spenting summers and weekends working with my dad, a general contractor, building homes and buildings. I learned a lot from him and used the lessons to contract my first home by age nineteen. I've operated one-person businesses for more than 30 years. Twelve years of my life were spent working for local government running federally-assisted housing programs starting as an inspector and moving to Director of Community Improvement with 78 employees when I resigned to do writing and consulting full-time. Writing, Publishing and Consulting My first publishing company was Rehab Notes Library and we published a monthly newsletter (Rehab Notes) with subscribers in all 50 states, Canada and England. I also did consulting and public speaking on housing related topics for agencies and organizations in cities across the country. I wrote and published nine guidebooks on the subject of housing rehabilitation. After 1980 when most federal funding was pulled from housing activities, I took advantage of my construction and business experience and started a handyman and woodworking business. Over Twenty-Five Years of Woodworking For over twenty-five years, first in Tampa, Florida and then in Austin, Texas, I built hundreds of small and large cabinet and furniture projects for individuals, companies and government agencies. During these years I began writing books about my experiences and still write them today with my latest published in January of 2016. Personal One-on-One Publishing My company, Positive Imaging, LLC, does what I call positive publishing of my books and the books of others. I help authors to publish their books with one-on-one, personal assistance. To date I have published twenty print books in addition to the nine on housing, more than a half dozen ebooks, and presently have several books in various stages of completion. Computer Experience My computer experience dates back more than twenty years and began in response to poor technical support for my wife Barbara's computer. I used home study to acquire A+ and Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer Certifications and became the IT Manager for the Hyatt Regency in Austin, Texas where I just retired January 2016 after 20 years. I was born and raised in Tampa, Florida and moved to Austin, Texas in 1986, where I now live with my wife, Barbara Frances.
- Author(s)A William Benitez
- PublisherPositive Imaging, LLC
- Date of Publication14/09/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPositive Imaging, LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight233 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.99
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $22.94
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $36.83Trending at AU $37.88
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.28
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.