All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionDr. Harvey Karp is famous for his brilliant insights into centuries-old parenting problems and for discovering breakthrough solutions that are simple ...practical ...and fast working. In The Happiest Baby Guide to Great Sleep , he works his magic once again on the numbered 1 complaint of new parents. The bone-deep fatigue that parents experience when their children sleep poorly is t just a nuisance-it is very serious. Sleep deprivation can provoke depression, illness, marital conflict, and even obesity. A flood of sleep misinformation and contradictory messages have left parents more confused than ever: Hold your baby-but don't spoil her! Swaddle your baby-but don't let him get dependent on it! Based on Dr. Karp's thirty years as a pediatrician and child developmentalist, The Happiest Baby Guide to Great Sleep reveals groundbreaking new ideas to prevent or cure most sleep problems in children under five years old, including: how to adjust a baby's schedule to reduce day sleep and boost night sleep within the very first weeks of life; how to use sleep cues like swaddling and a special type of womb sound to help any infant sleep an extra one to two hours at night within just days; and how to defuse bedtime struggles and help your toddler fall asleep faster using a vel sleep training approach called twinkle interruptus. Plus, The Happiest Baby Guide to Great Sleep reveals many more foolproof tips used by Dr. Karp with thousands of families to quickly turn nighttime shrieks into nightlong slumber.
- Author BiographyHarvey Karp, M.D., is a nationally celebrated pediatrician, child development specialist, and children's environmental health advocate. He is on the faculty of the USC School of Medicine and a fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics. Dr. Karp's books and DVDs, The Happiest Baby on the Block, The Happiest Toddler on the Block, and The Happiest Baby Guide to Great Sleep, teach parents breakthrough techniques to reduce infant crying, boost sleep, build toddler patience, and stop tantrums. Millions of parents have benefited from his advice, including celebrities such as Madonna, Michelle Pfeiffer, Larry David, Jewel, and Pierce Brosnan. Translated into more than twenty languages and taught across America by thousands of Happiest Baby educators, the enormous popularity of Dr. Karp's work has made him one of the most read-and most trusted-pediatricians in history.
- Author(s)Harvey Karp
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication03/04/2013
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam Morrow Paperbacks
- Content NoteSpot Art and Illustrations Throughout
- Weight299 g
- Width135 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine22 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.33Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $27.17Trending at AU $37.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.