Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.55Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $16.50Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by jamesdean7314
- Est. delivery by 8 Oct
Consider these sponsored items
- AU $27.99Free postage
- AU $18.55Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA unique collaboration between cartoonist/author Bev Aisbett and Dr Russ Harris, this is an illustrated, simplified pocketbook version of Russ's original, international bestseller 'The Happiness Trap'. It's an easy-to-read introduction to all those powerful life-changing ideas or a great refresher course for those already familiar with the approach. Commonplace ideas about happiness are often misleading, inaccurate and likely to make you miserable in the long term. For example, positive thinking often does t work - and research shows it actually makes some people feel worse! So open 'The Happiness Trap Pocketbook' and learn how a new scientifically proven, mindfulness-based approach called Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (better kwn as ACT) can help you find genuine wellbeing and fulfilment. Whether you're lacking confidence, facing illness, stressed at work, struggling with low self-esteem, trying to lose weight or quit smoking, or just wanting to be happier, healthier, and more fulfilled - in this book you will learn effective techniques to: * reduce stress and worry * rise above fear, doubt and insecurity * handle painful thoughts and feelings more effectively * break self-defeating habits * develop self-acceptance and self-compassion * let go of inaccurate and misleading (but very popular) ideas about happiness, and * create a rich, full and meaningful life.
- Author BiographyDr Russ Harris is a medical practitioner, psychotherapist, and bestselling author of 'The Happiness Trap'. He is one of the world's leading authorities on ACT, and regularly travels to train a wide variety of professionals in the approach. His other books include 'The Reality Slap', 'The Confidence Gap', 'ACT With Love', 'ACT Made Simple'. Bev Aisbett is an author, illustrator, cartoonist and artist. She is also a trained counsellor and facilitator of the 'Working with IT' anxiety recovery workshops. The simple, straightforward and effective nature of Bev's work and publications is highly regarded by health workers and sufferers alike.
- Author(s)Dr. Russ Harris
- PublisherExisle Publishing
- Date of Publication01/08/2013
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationWoolombi
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2013
- ImprintExisle Publishing
- Content Note250 black & white line drawings
- Weight233 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Bev Aisbett
- Format DetailsB-format paperback,Sewn,Laminated cover
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.