All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThe Happy Table of Eugene Walter is a revelation to anyone interested in today's booming scene in vintage and artisanal drinks--from bourbon and juleps to champagne and punch--and a southern twist on America's culinary heritage. This cookbook includes more than 300 recipes featuring the use of spirits, as well as numerous asides, lovely short essays, and countless witticisms that make for great reading as well as good cooking.
- Author BiographyEugene Walter (1921-98), a native of Mobile, Alabama, USA and author of the classic American Cooking: Southern Style, was a pioneering food writer and editor who enjoyed long sojourns in New York, Rome, and Paris when he wasn't at home in the South. A translator, screenwriter, novelist, puppeteer, artist, costume designer, actor, and more, Walter was a man of arts, letters, and food. The Happy Table of Eugene Walter, a cookbook that Walter was working on in the final years of his life, is the first new book by Walter to appear in more than a decade. Donald Goodman was born in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA. He and his wife currently live in the Washington, D.C., area, where he manages the Eugene Walter estate.
- Author(s)Eugene Walter
- PublisherThe University of North Carolina Press
- Date of Publication28/02/2015
- SubjectOther Beverages
- Place of PublicationChapel Hill
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of North Carolina Press
- Content Note24 halftones
- Weight399 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byDon Goodman,Thomas Head
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.