The Hardball Handbook: How to Win at Life by Chris Matthews (Paperback / softback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.28+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $14.95+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.73
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.11
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.59
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.82
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.93
- AU $24.80Trending at AU $28.01
About this product
- DescriptionWith his more than forty years experience observing people and politicians in our nation's capital ten of those years on Hardball, five nights a week Chris Matthews has learned from the pros what it takes to be a success. Now Matthews shows us what we can learn from the world s most accomplished people and, more important, how we can emulate their best habits to improve our own lives. In The Hardball Handbook, Chris Matthews focuses on four areas friendship, rivalry, reputation, and success and shows how we can cull the best traits of others and use them ourselves. Matthews takes us on a raucous road trip through political history and points out the best and worst behaviors of some of its most table characters. Written in the assertive, good-natured style that is Matthews s trademark, each chapter has something to teach us. Here are a few truths from The Hardball Handbook: People would rather be listened to than listen. People don t mind being used; what they mind is being discarded. People are more loyal to the people they ve helped than the people they ve helped are loyal to them. Not everyone s going to like you. No matter what anybody says, body wants a level playing field. Once you understand these and other universal truths and how to make them work for you you ll be ready to win at life.
- Author BiographyChris Matthews is the author of The Hardball Handbook and is the star of MSNBC s Hardball and NBC s The Chris Matthews Show. He contributes frequently to NBC s Today and is a familiar guest on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. He was a longtime Washington bureau chief for the San Francisco Examiner and later a national columnist for the San Francisco Chronicle. He holds the David Brinkley Award for Excellence in Communications, eighteen honorary doctorates from American colleges and universities, and was a visiting fellow at Harvard University s John F. Kennedy School of Government. He lives with his wife, Kathleen, an executive vice president with Marriott International, in Chevy Chase, Maryland.
- Author(s)Chris Matthews
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication14/04/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Trade Paperbacks
- Out-of-print date24/11/2015
- Weight181 g
- Width130 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.