All listings for this product
About this product
- Description14th century Yorkshire: the time of Chaucer. Father Peregrine is appointed Abbot of St Alcuin's Benedictine abbey. An arrogant, impatient man, a hawk trying hard to be a dove - his name in religion is Columba - he is respected, but t loved. A sudden, shocking act of violence changes everything. As the story unfolds, this community of monks, serious about their calling but as flawed and human as we are, come to love their ascetic but w vulnerable leader. They lived six centuries ago, yet their struggles are our own. Finding our niche; coping with failure; living with impossible people; and discovering that we are the impossible ones.
- Author BiographyYou can find Penelope Wilcock at her blog Kindred of the Quiet Way, or at home with her family on England's south coast. She writes to bring faith to life, and has worked within the Methodist Church as preacher, pastor, and in school, hospice, and prison chaplaincies.
- Author(s)Penelope Wilcock
- PublisherLion Hudson Plc
- Date of Publication20/02/2015
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Series TitleThe Hawk and the Dove
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLion Fiction
- Weight113 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $14.24Trending at AU $14.43
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $72.58Trending at AU $75.11
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.85
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.23Trending at AU $24.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.