All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRecipes that reflect the vibrant taste that only fresh culinary herbs can give. Some of the most medicinally potent herbs and spices sit within arm's reach - on your kitchen spice rack. This book will undoubtedly pique your interest in herbs, both culinary and medicinal. There is growing scientific evidence for the medicinal value of herbs and this in turn is putting herbal remedies into mainstream consciousness. The recipes in this book are designed to give you many ways to present wholesome, healthy food into your everyday meals and which feature fresh herbs. Home cooks will discover how fresh herbs t only fill the flavour gap but also provide many healing and holistic benefits and will learn to prepare food that contains vitality, is seasonal and indigeus to our environment. Herbs are more than just medicinal plants - they also happen to be delicious! Here you'll find 115 vegetarian recipes - ranging from soups and starters to desserts and beverages. All incorporate whole, natural ingredients with a wide variety of healing herbs. The recipes are easy, accessible, and full of appetising tastes and textures. Sensational recipes include Three-Bean Enchiladas with Green Tomato and Apple Salsa, Fettucine with Fiddleheads in Thyme Vinaigrette, Leek, Onion and Garlic Tart, Autumn Vegetable Paella, and Ginger-Echinacea Jam. But that's t all. In addition to the delicious recipes, The Healing Herbs Cookbook provides a wealth of useful information on preserving and cooking with herbs, as well as a comprehensive reference on over 30 herbs and their medicinal properties. From Elder and Echinacea, to Garlic, Licorice and Thyme - discover how to recognise them, grow them, their healing properties, availability, uses in cooking and even folklore. With a list of herbal organisations, mail-order sources, glossary and herb specific recipe index, this is the ideal book for people who want to bring the benefits of healing herbs into the kitchen.
- Author BiographyPat Crocker is a culinary herbalist and professional home economist who has written, given demonstrations and lectured about herbs and health issues for more than 25 years. She is also the author of The Juicing Bible, The Smoothies Bible, and The Vegan Cook's Bible.
- Author(s)Pat Crocker
- PublisherRobert Rose Inc
- Date of Publication12/09/2013
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationWillowdale
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintRobert Rose Inc
- Content Note16 colour photos
- Weight454 g
- Width178 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $13.00Trending at AU $15.62
- AU $21.55Trending at AU $22.91
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $27.17
- AU $37.35Trending at AU $39.83
- AU $24.75Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $16.71Trending at AU $17.24
- AU $29.19Trending at AU $39.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.