Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $43.48Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $37.11Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionArmed with more than 175 budget-friendly, quick and easy recipes made with everyday ingredients, you get to minimize time and effort preparing healthful foods without sacrificing flavor! Straightforward explanations and a comprehensive collection of visual guides will teach you which foods are the best choices to mitigate chronic illnesses, including autoimmune disease. Real-life practical tips on everything from cleaning out your pantry and easy ingredient swaps to reinventing leftovers and DIY flavor combinations make it even easier to make better food choices.
- Author BiographyAlaena Haber, MS, OTRmakes her cookbook debut with The Healing Kitchen, showcasing her dedication towards nourishing and fresh meals in a modern, budget-conscious kitchen. Alaena's no stranger to cooking she runs a popular blog Grazed and Enthused. She started preparing meals for her family as a child and many of her techniques and flavor pairings are inspired by the aromatic family-style meals that made her Lebanese grandmother Teta a legend. But unlike Teta, you won't be spending all day at the stove complaining about sore feet with this collection of recipes. Alaena pursues a holistic approach to happiness and wellbeing and truly believes health starts on your plate. She passionately uses a grain-free, anti-inflammatory diet to successfully manage her own chronic illness and wants to bring these healing recipes to your dinner table. Alaena also recently received her master's degree in occupational therapy, which allows her to help adults and children pursue and achieve meaningful lives. Alaena, her husband, and their dog have lived in 4 cities in the past 2 years and enjoy traveling the country by foot, bike, and kayak. Sarah Ballantyne, Ph.D. is the creator of the award-winning online resource ThePaleoMom.com; cohost of the syndicated top-rated The Paleo View podcast; and New York Times bestselling author of The Paleo Approach and The Paleo Approach Cookbook. Sarah earned her doctorate degree in medical biophysics at the age of 26 and spent the next four years doing research on critical care medicine, innate immunity, gene therapy and cell biology, earning a variety of awards for research excellence along the way. Sarah's transition from academic researcher to stay-at-home mom to award-winning and internationally-recognized health advocate and educator was driven by her own health journey, which included losing 120 pounds and using both diet and lifestyle to mitigate and reverse a dozen diagnosed health conditions. As a scientist both by training and by nature, Sarah is deeply interested in understanding how the foods we eat interact with our gut barriers, immune systems, and hormones to influence health. Sarah's innate curiosity goes further than just understanding diet and she is also deeply interested in the impact of lifestyle factors like sleep, stress and activity. Her passion for scientific literacy and her talent for distilling scientific concepts into straightforward and accessible explanations form the foundation of her work and her dedication to improving public health. Sarah also emphasizes a theory-to-practice approach in all of her work through her focus on recipe creation and everyday solutions.
- Author(s)Alaena Haber,Sarah Ballantyne
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication07/01/2016
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Place of PublicationAuberry
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVictory Belt Publishing
- Content Note1
- Weight1131 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
Most relevant reviews
- rox3tt29 Sep, 2016by
a MUST buy and a MUST have !
Ever since I knew about this book to be published, I waited longingly until it was finished and it has been everything I thought it would be and has lived up to its and my expectations. Couldn't be happier!
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18