All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs spiritual guides, otherworldly allies, and magical companions, birds have been revered for millennia. This comprehensive encyclopaedia of bird spirituality explores the rich beliefs and practices surrounding the winged ones - and how these venerated creatures can guide us today. Drawing on mythology and traditions of worldwide shamanic cultures - from modern times to the Bronze Age - this book examines avian spirituality from all angles: what birds have symbolized through the ages and why; bird deities from Aphrodite to the Hindu goddess Saraswati; their presence in ancient cave art, shape-shifting rituals, magic practices, and religion; and, the unique relationship birds share with shamans and other magical people. From the five stages of soul alchemy to finding your bird totem, The Healing Wisdom of Birds offers practical ways to connect with these sacred creatures.
- Author BiographyLesley Morrison has studied animals within religious, spiritual, and multicultural frameworks for over fifteen years. She is also an avid bird watcher and wildlife rescuer.
- Author(s)Lesley Morrison
- PublisherLlewellyn Publications,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/02/2011
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationMinnesota
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLlewellyn Publications,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width132 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.32
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $14.48Trending at AU $22.58
- AU $43.27Trending at AU $48.83
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.68
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $25.83
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.