All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.14
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $43.47Trending at AU $44.45
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.33
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.06
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.61
About this product
- DescriptionHealth experts independently state that the most critical urban problems are preventable. This brings an added challenge to public health practitioners working in inner cities with predominately mirity communities. In addition to deadly diseases - including transmittable diseases - violence, whether it is physical, sexual or child abuse, is the other predominant morbidity factor that urban areas confront. Because of these concerns, there is a need for health professionals working with the communities to critically examine health behavior theories and prevention methodologies. Additionally, new prevention practices and programs need to be developed for community-based interventions to better serve the populations in need including programs in: -HIV Prevention; -Evaluation and Policy Research; -Cancer Prevention and Screening; -Urban Public Health Policy; -Youth Violence Prevention.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication20/09/2012
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight382 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byJay Carrington Chunn
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2002
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.