All listings for this product
Save on Other
- AU $4.06Trending at AU $7.20
- AU $14.95Trending at AU $15.52
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.23
- AU $15.84Trending at AU $20.89
About this product
- DescriptionSurrounded by well-meaning aides, physicians sworn to confidentiality, and in some cases, sycophants, the president of the United States usually keeps the state of his health well-guarded from the American public. Though the intention of the 25th Amendment is to provide for the removal of an impaired president, the level of discretion involved in such a decision has caused many to question whether it serves the national interest. In large part, the men who have served as president have been past middle age and susceptible to the dame maladies as the rest of the aged population. The complete medical history of each of the 41 U.S. presidents, emphasizing illnesses that affected them during their administrations, is here set out for the lay reader by a physician. The presidents' health care regimens (diet, exercise, home remedies, etc.) and physicians' treatments are also discussed.
- Author BiographyThe late John R. Bumgarner, M.D., was also the author of Sarah Childress Polk (1997) and Parade of the Dead (1995). He lived in Greensboro, North Carolina.
- Author(s)John R. Bumgarner
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/09/2004
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Notereferences, bibliography, index
- Weight476 g
- Width153 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.