All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $33.19
About this product
- DescriptionThe Chinese text of The Heart Sutra, by Xuanzang, is one of the best-kwn and most popular Buddhist scriptures. This book offers a refreshing new English transation by Dr Sit, alongside in-depth analysis. The theme of the book is how to practice the 'perfection of wisdom'. Dr Sit uses metaphor, stories, illustrations, Buddhist scripture, relevant Taoist texts and anthroposophical teachings to explore the text. She draws sometimes surprising connections between Buddhism and esoteric Christianity, and between Buddha Gautama and the young Jesus. Her commentary on this timeless text will bring profound insight to those new to The Heart Sutra, as well as to those who have studied and practiced Buddhism for many years.
- Author BiographyKwan-Yuk Claire Sit grew up in Hong Kong and moved to the US to study. She holds a PhD in pure mathematics from the City University of New York and is Professor Emerita at La Guardia Community College. She is deeply interested in Eastern philosophy and Anthroposophy, and her hobbies include knitting, Chinese calligraphy, and Tang and Sung poems.
- Author(s)Kwan-Yuk Claire Sit
- PublisherSteinerBooks, Inc
- Date of Publication12/02/2015
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationGreat Barringron
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLindisfarne Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.