All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book describes the spirituality of L'Arche, an international movement founded by Jean Vanier in 1964 in France. The Heart of L'Arche was first published by Novalis in 1995 and has been in demand ever since. This updated edition was revised by Vanier himself, as he looks back on 47 years of the spirituality of L'Arche, at the age of 83. Readers will discover the spirit that keeps Vanier's dream alive and thriving in a world where people with disabilities are often igred or seen as a burden on society. With simplicity and conviction, Jean Vanier shows how a life shared with people who have intellectual disabilities calls us to selflessness and risk. The vulnerability that is so much a part of their lives reveals our own limits and forces us to ask questions that can lead us to profound liberation.
- Author BiographyJean Vanier, son of former Governor General of Canada Georges Vanier and Madame Pauline Vanier, is a Canadian Catholic philosopher, humanitarian and the founder of L'Arche, an international organization that creates communities where people with intellectual disabilities and those who assist them share life together. Jean continues to live in the first L'Arche community in Trosly-Breuil, France.
- Author(s)Jean Vanier
- PublisherSPCK Publishing
- Date of Publication17/01/2013
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSPCK Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Width134 mm
- Height187 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.74
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.