Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.14Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.58Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.05
About this product
- DescriptionOver the past several years a cascade of corporate scandals have erupted. Savings and provisions for retirement have shrunk drastically. Jobs have been lost. One of the world's largest and best-kwn accounting firms is gone. Ordinary people have been hurt and they have lost confidence in business leaders. The on-going public debate over business ethics and corporate reform points to one common conclusion: Things cant be corrected by simply adding more laws and new rules. The solution will come from high moral leadership. The Heart of A Business Ethic is based on the Hansen-Wessner Lectureship Series established by the ServiceMaster Foundation to consider the source of moral authority and ethical behavior in business. The eight lectures in this series were presented at major universities in the U.S. and Britain, and brought together some of the most distinguished business experts of our time. What they have to say is important for business teachers and students, and business leaders at every level. The scandals at Enron, Tyco and others have generated many books on business ethics, but ne offer the expertise or breadth of thinking that this volume does. The Heart of A Business Ethic is useful to professors, students, and practitioners who t only want to understand what has happened, but who also want to think through the basis for a new standard of morality in business.
- Author BiographyC. William Pollard is Chairman Emeritus of The ServiceMaster Company. He is a graduate of Wheaton College and received a J.D. from the Northwestern University School of Law. He is the author of the best-selling book, The Soul of the Firm and was the 2004 recipient of the Rev. Theodore M. Hesburgh Award for Business Ethics at Notre Dame.
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication08/09/2005
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteports.
- Weight295 g
- Width148 mm
- Height219 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Foreword byC. William Pollard
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.