All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
About this product
- DescriptionA young, single woman finds herself broke and pregnant in a foreign country, thousands of miles away from relatives and friends. There are only three options. One of them is The Heartbreak Option. Giving away her baby for adoption is the most agonising decision any woman ever has to make. But there really was other choice for this 19-year-old Australian girl, who gave up her son for adoption in the US in 1970. They were finally reunited after decades of searching for each other all over the world. After many experiences, adventures and tragedies, this wonderful event finally took place in 2005.
- Author BiographyBorn and educated in Brisbane, Australia, Lori showed a love of entertainment from a very early age. At just 17 years, she ventured to Sydney where R&R was in full swing in 1967, to pursue her passion. It wasn't long before an American Entrepreneur recruited Lori a show already touring War torn Vietnam in South East Asia. For over a year she entertained American and Australian troops before returning to Australia briefly. A six-month romance with an American soldier in Vietnam was the original reason Lori journeyed to the USA, but she eventually landed in Canada. For several months Lori taught ballroom dancing in Toronto before leaving the freezing Canadian winter and headed south to sunny Florida .This would ultimately change her life forever. For over 13 years, Lori spent her life in both Canada and the U.S. living in Toronto, Montreal, Miami, New York, Los Angeles and Fort Lauderdale, constantly experiencing many new adventures and career changes. She also travelled extensively throughout other parts of America as well visiting surrounding Islands in the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. It wasn't until the 1980's that Lori, her new husband, Greg and six-month-old infant son, Chris, left the United States to reside in Australia. In 1989, after making several trips back and forth to America they eventually settled in Australia permanently. However, in 2005, another life changing event took place. This was the catalyst that finally gave the author the inspiration to complete this story. She had made attempts to put her version on pen and paper for years, but there was something missing, and she just couldn't work up the courage to divulge so much of her past life. In May 2005, Lori's secret son who she gave away for adoption in Miami, Florida in 1970 suddenly reappeared in her life. She had just about given up hope of ever finding him, but after a ten-year search, he found her in Australia. The wonderful story of this heart wrenching reunion was published in a two-page story in the June 26, 2006 issue in the Australian Woman's Day. Along with the encouragement of award winning author and journalist Alan Veitch, the project began and three years later the manuscript was completed. Lori wants this story to be an inspiration for everyone out their searching for their own missing links and encourage them not to give up hope.
- Author(s)Lori D. Cartagena
- PublisherLori D Cartagena
- Date of Publication30/06/2009
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationAuchenflower, QLD
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintLori D Cartagena
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight611 g
- Width150 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.