Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.58
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $72.46Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionYoung veterinarian, Rachel Goddard's world begins to crumble when a client rushes into the animal hospital with a basset hound struck by a car during a thunderstorm. The dog's owner terrified tot, drenched with rain, loses sight of her mother in the flurry of activity and screams. Instantly, Rachel is hurled back in time to a day in her own childhood when her baby sister Michelle uttered the same screams while thunder crashed and rain poured down on them. When she seeks answers, she learns thing from Michelle or from psychologist Judith, their loving but manipulative mother, who is only too happy to have her adult daughters still living with her. But their apparently serene home is a house of secrets and Rachel begins to suspect that thing about her family is what it seems. As her mother's attempts to control her accelerate, Rachel embarks on a quest that takes her deep into her own memory as well as halfway across the country. The heartbreaking truth she uncovers will shatter her world and force her to make an unthinkable choice.
- Author BiographySandra Parshall grew up in South Carolina and has worked as a reporter on newspapers in South Carolina, West Virginia and Baltimore. She lives in Northern Virginia with her husband, a long-time Washington journalist, and three cats. This is her debut novel.
- Author(s)Sandra Parshall
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication29/12/2006
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRobert Hale Ltd
- Out-of-print date07/04/2009
- Weight460 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.