All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEamon Redmond is a judge in Ireland's high court, a man remote from his wife, his son and daughter and, at least outwardly, from his own childhood. The life he has built for himself, between his work in Dublin and his family's retreat by the sea at Cush, is distinguished by order and by achievement. When, like his beloved coastline, it begins to slip away, he is pulled sharply into the present, and finds himself revisiting his past. Proceeds with stately grace from past to present, incident to incident, slowly forming, as it moves, the full shape of a man's public and private life' Washington Post If Colm Toibin were a singer you would say he had perfect pitch' Spectator
- Author BiographyColm Toibin was born in Ireland in 1955. He is the author of six novels, most recently Brooklyn, the 2009 Costa Novel of the Year, and The Master, shortlisted for the 2004 Man Booker Prize. He has also written two collections of stories, The Empty Family and Mothers and Sons, and several works of non-fiction.
- PrizesWinner of Encore Award 1993.
- Author(s)Colm Toibin
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication01/09/1993
- LanguageEnglish & Spanish
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight165 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Reading Age16
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $54.47Trending at AU $58.01
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $169.35
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.48
- AU $57.00Trending at AU $69.86
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.45
- AU $12.91Trending at AU $16.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.