All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionIt's free, it's fun and it's very tasty! Harvesting your own produce from the hedgerows, meadows and woods rather than just ordering food online from the supermarket is all the rage with both towndwellers and countryfolk. The joy of turning nature's bounty into delicious produce to enjoy with the family or to use to make a lovely gift is being rediscovered in kitchens across the country.A This book will show you how easy it is to use your 'harvest' in lots of different ways: fed up with just making jam? then why t try fruit leather, cheese, rose petal syrup or a wickedly alcoholic drink instead. The book covers FLOWERS & HIPS (elderflowers, dandelions and wild roses); LEAVES (wild garlic, wild sorrel, nettles, samphire, dandelions).BERRIES (wild strawberries, blackberries, wild raspberries, bilberries,elderberries, rowan berries, berry mixtures); FRUIT WITH STONES (wild cherries,A wild plums and damsons, sloes); FRUIT WITH PIPS (crab apples, quinces, medlars); and NUTS (hazelnuts, chestnuts, walnuts)A This is a really practical book covering 100 recipes, both sweet and savoury, as well as tips on gathering, seasonal guidance and the law and commonsense.
- Author Biography'Wild at Heart' is a growing business selling a range of award-winning, artisan-made jellies, relishes and fruit cheeses, inspired by wild, native or ancient fruits and based on traditional English recipes. It was set up by Ginny Knox and Caro Willson. At school together they had shared many happy, sun-soaked days roaming the nearby fields and hedgerows, collecting crab apples and brambles to make into cakes, jellies and other delicious things. They both feel passionate about wild food, which is by definition local, seasonal, fresh and low in food miles. Not only this, but foods which grow in proximity on the same land are more likely to complement each other. Most importantly, gathering and cooking these foods is fabulous fun and directly connects us to our cultural heritage and helps bind us together as a community. www.wildatheartfoods.co.uk.
- Author(s)Wild At Heart
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication21/03/2013
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2013
- ImprintPavilion Books
- Content NoteOver 100 colour images
- Weight885 g
- Width211 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.