All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $175.38
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $71.23
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.83
- AU $23.65Trending at AU $25.52
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $31.75Trending at AU $38.45
- AU $28.90Trending at AU $35.52
About this product
- DescriptionThe Nursery Collection brings together a wealth of traditional nursery stories and rhymes, beautifully illustrated by Helen Oxenbury, one of today's foremost illustrators. This new collection has been specially selected by Helen from three previous collections: Tiny Tim, The Helen Oxenbury Nursery Rhyme Book and The Helen Oxenbury Nursery Story Book. With her distinctive verve and wit, Helen's illustrations bring these classic rhymes and tales to life. An essential part of any young child's library . (Parents Magazine).
- Author BiographyOne of the world's most acclaimed children's illustrators and twice winner of the Kate Greenaway Medal, Helen Oxenbury grew up in Suffolk and attended The Ipswich School of Art. During vacations, she helped out at the Ipswich Repertory Theatre Workshop and went on to study Theatre Design at the Central School of Art in London. Over a three-year period, she worked at the Habimah Theatre in Tel Aviv, returning to England to work in repertory, theatre, film and television. Helen Oxenbury's numerous books for children includethe Quangle Wangle's Hat by Edward Lear which won the Kate Greenaway Medal (Heinemann 1969); her classic Board Books for Babies (Walker Books 1981); We're Going on a Bear Hunt, probably her best known picture book, re-told by Michael Rosen (Walker Books 1989); FarmerDuck by Martin Waddell won them the Smarties Book Prize (Walker Books 1991); So Much, by Trish Cooke, also won the Kurt Maschler Award (Walker Books 1994); Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (Walker Books 1999) and its companion, Alice through the LookingGlass (Walker Books 2005), both by Lewis Carroll; Alice's Adventures in Wonderland won both the Kate Greenaway Medal and the Kurt Maschler Award. King Jack and the Dragon by Peter Bentley (Penguin Group 2011) was short-listed for the Kate Greenaway Medal in 2013. She recently illustrated When Charley Met Granpa by Amy Hest which was published by Walker Books, in 2013. Helen Oxenbury and her husband, John, live in London where Helen works in a nearby studio.
- PublisherEgmont UK Ltd
- Date of Publication07/11/2013
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleHeritage Edition
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEgmont UK
- Out-of-print date24/11/2015
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width182 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Helen Oxenbury
- Interest AgeFrom 7
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.