All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.33Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionThis book represents the HELS (Helmholtz equation least squares) theory and its applications for visualizing acoustic radiation from an arbitrarily shaped vibrating structure in free or confined space. It culminates the most updated research work of the author and his graduate students since 1997. The book contains six chapters. The first serves as a review of the fundamentals in acoustics and the rest cover five specific topics on the HELS theory.
- Author BiographySean F. Wu received his Ph.D. from Georgia Institute of Technology, U.S.A. in 1987. He joined the Mechanical Engineering Department at Wayne State University as an Assistant Professor in 1988, was promoted to Associate Professor in 1995 and Professor in 1999, was selected in an unanimous vote as the Charles DeVlieg Professor in 2002 and appointed by the Board of Governors to the rank of University Distinguished Professor in 2005. Dr. Wu holds the rank of Fellow in the American Society of Mechanical Engineers and the Acoustical Society of America, and serves as an Associate Editor and Express Letter Editor for the Journal of the Acoustical Society of America and Co-Editor-In-Chief for Journal of Computational Acoustics.
- Author(s)Sean F. Wu
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication23/09/2014
- Series TitleModern Acoustics and Signal Processing
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note21 black & white illustrations, 61 colour illustrations, 4 black & white tables, biography
- Weight550 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.