All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDavid Drake's legendary Raj Whitehall series, stunningly reborn. Humanity settled the stars, only to fall into a catastrophic collapse. On one planet, a single artificial intelligence, a computer program kwn as Center, found a military genius of grit and daring in Raj Whitehall, and the Galactic Republic rose again. But many dark planets remain - planets such as Duisenberg. Here, a single river cuts through a vast continental desert and a culture t unlike that of New Kingdom Egypt has developed. But, when a capsule containing the forbidden metal, plastic, and circuit boards that Zentrum hates falls from the sky - circuits with secretly stowed away, uploaded versions of Raj and Center - everything changes. What Raj and Center need w is a hero to break the Land's stasis and lead Duisberg back from the galactic dark ages. Enter Abel Dashian. The son of a local military commander, he is a brilliant and courageous young man who has lost his mother to a simple bacterial infection. He is a young man who will dare anything to avenge his mother's death and bring about change. He is the Heretic .
- Author BiographyThe Army took <b>David Drake</b> from Duke Law School and sent him on a motorized tour of Viet Nam and Cambodia with the 11th Cav, the Blackhorse. He learned new skills, saw interesting sights, and met exotic people who hadn't run fast enough to get away. Dave returned to become Chapel Hill's Assistant Town Attorney and to try to put his life back together through fiction making sense of his Army experiences. Dave describes war from where he saw it: the loader's hatch of a tank in Cambodia. His military experience, combined with his formal education in history and Latin, has made him one of the foremost writers of realistic action SF and fantasy. His books include the genre-defining and bestselling Hammer s Slammers series, the RCN series including <i>What Distant Deeps, In the Stormy Red Sky, The Way to Glory, </i>and many more.His bestselling Hammer's Slammers series is credited with creating the genre of modern Military SF. He often wishes he had a less interesting background. Dave lives with his family in rural North Carolina. <b>Tony Daniel</b> is the author of five science fiction books, the latest of which is <i>Guardian of Night</i>, as well as an award-winning short story collection, <i>The Robot s Twilight Companion</i>. He is Hugo finalist for his story Life on the Moon, which also won the Asimov s Reader s Choice Award. Daniel s short fiction has been much anthologized andhas been collected in multiple year s best compilations. Daniel has also cowritten screenplays for SyFy Channel horror movies, and during the early 2000s was the writer and director of numerous audio dramas for critically-acclaimed SCIFI.COM s Seeing Ear Theatre. Born in Alabama, Daniel has lived in St. Louis, Los Angeles, Seattle, Prague, and New York City. He now lives in Wake Forest, North Carolina with his wife and two children.
- Author(s)David Drake,Tony Daniel
- PublisherBaen Books
- Date of Publication16/04/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationRiverdale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaen Books
- Content Notemaps
- Weight508 g
- Width163 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.64Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.04Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.75Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $18.53Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $30.92Trending at AU $31.88
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.