Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionMany believe that Robert A. Heinlein was the most important American science fiction writer of the 20th century. This is the first detailed critical examination of his entire career. It is t a biography that is being done in a two-volume work by William Patterson. Instead, this book looks at each piece of fiction (and a few pieces of sf-related nfiction) that Heinlein wrote, chrologically by publication, in order to consider what each contributes to his overall accomplishment. The aim is to be fair, to look clearly at the strengths and weaknesses of the writings that have inspired generations of readers and writers.
- Author BiographyThe late <strong>Thomas D. Clareson</strong> was a leading scholar in the fields of science fiction, 19th Century American literature, and Victorian literature. A professor of English at the College of Wooster (Ohio) for 38 years, Clareson, the author or editor of more than 20 books, passed away in July, 1993. <br><br><strong>Joe Sanders</strong>, professor emeritus, Lakeland Community College, has written extensively about Roger Zelazny, E.E. Doc Smith, and Neil Gaiman. He lives in Mentor, Ohio. <br><br><strong>Donald E. Palumbo</strong> is a professor of English at East Carolina University in Greenville, North Carolina. He lives in Greenville. <br><br><strong>C.W. Sullivan III</strong> is Distinguished Professor of arts and sciences at East Carolina University and a full member of the Welsh Academy. He is the author of numerous books and the on-line journal <em>Celtic Cultural Studies</em>.
- Author(s)Joe Sanders,Thomas D. Clareson
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/01/2014
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleCritical Explorations in Science Fiction and Fantasy
- Series Part/Volume NumberNr. 42
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Weight408 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byC. W. Sullivan,Donald E. Palumbo
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.