All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b>The first easily accessible translation of the esoteric writings that inspired some of the world's greatest artists, scientists, and philosophers.</b> Here is an essential digest of the Greco-Egyptian writings attributed to the legendary sage-god Hermes Trismegistus (Greek for thrice-greatest Hermes)?a combination of the Egyptian Thoth and the Greek Hermes. The figure of Hermes was venerated as a great and mythical teacher in the ancient world and was rediscovered by the finest minds of the Renaissance. The writings attributed to his hand are a time capsule of Egyptian and Greek esoteric philosophy and have influenced figures including Blake, Newton, Milton, Shelley, Shakespeare, Botticelli, Leonardo da Vinci, and Jung. Providing a fascinating introduction to the intersection of the Egyptian and Hellenic cultures and the magico-religious ideas of the antique world, <i>The Hermetica</i> is a marvelous volume for anyone interested in understanding the West's roots in mystical thought.
- Author Biography<b>Timothy Freke</b> is the author of many books on mystical philosophy, including The <b>Tao Te Ching</b> and, with <b>Peter Gandy</b>, <b>The Complete Guide to World Mysticism</b>. He lives in England.
- Author(s)Peter Gandy,Timothy Freke
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Place of PublicationLos Angeles
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJeremy P Tarcher
- Weight159 g
- Width124 mm
- Height175 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.