Save on Audio Books
- AU $28.19Trending at AU $29.78
- AU $25.20Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $45.20Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $44.90Trending at AU $48.40
- AU $35.89Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $42.29Trending at AU $46.12
- AU $25.76Trending at AU $33.06
About this product
- DescriptionApril, 1919. Six months have passed since the armistice that ended the Great War. But new battles face those who have survived.Only twenty-three, former soldier Riley Purefoy and his bride, Nadine Waveney, have their whole lives ahead of them. But Riley's injuries from the war have created awkward tensions between the couple, scars that threaten to shatter their marriage before it has truly begun.Peter and Julia Locke are facing their own trauma. Peter has become a recluse, losing himself in drink to forget the horrors of the war. Desperate to reach her husband, Julia tries to soothe his bitterness, but their future together is uncertain.Drawn together in the aftermath of the war, the couples become tightly intertwined. Haunted by loss, guilt, and dark memories, contending with uncertainty, anger, and pain, they are left with the question: is love strong eugh to help them move forward?The incandescent follow up to the international bestseller My Dear I Want to Tell You, The Heroes' Welcome is a powerful and intimate vel chronicling the turbulence of 1919--a year of perilous beginnings, disturbing realities, and glimmerings of hope.
- Author(s)Louisa Young
- Date of Publication10/03/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight295 g
- Width170 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Read byDan Stevens
- Contained items statement7 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time510
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.