Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.29
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.24
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.70
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.67
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.62
About this product
- DescriptionUp in the dusty attic of Prairie Bluff Homestead, Anne-Marie keeps all of her beloved books locked safely away. For her treasured vels - and the tragic heroines who make them so irresistible - have a way of hitting too close to home. To the Homestead itself, actually...This otherwise ordinary boarding house has become the favoured refuge of the great women of literature, who descend on Anne-Marie and her daughter Penny - at all hours, and in all manner of distress - as their storylines are unravelling. And the last thing Anne-Marie needs is an emotional Anna Karenina accidentally discovering she is bound to take her own life on the railway tracks. The Homestead has played host to a heartbroken Emma Bovary, a distraught Scarlett O'Hara, a weeping Catherine Earnshaw - but this extraordinary literary education will teach Penny as much about herself, her mother and their destinies as it does about the heroines...
- Author BiographyEileen Favorite's poems, stories, and essays have been published in many periodicals. She has been the recipient of two Illinois Arts Council Fellowships for prose and poetry. Her poetry and essays have aired on WBEZ, Chicago Public Radio. She teaches at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, where she lives with her husband and daughter. For more, please visit www.eileenfavorite.com
- Author(s)Eileen Favorite
- Date of Publication01/01/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArrow Books Ltd
- Weight175 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.