All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionThe hidden curriculum (HC) in health professional education comprises the organizational and institutional contexts and cultural subtexts that shape how and what students learn outside the formal and intended curriculum. HC includes informal social processes such as role modeling, informal conversations and interactions among faculty and students, and more subterranean forces of organizational life such as the structure of power and privilege and the architectural layout of work environments. For better and sometimes for worse, HC functions as a powerful vehicle for learning and requires serious attention from health professions educators. This volume, of interest to medical and health professionals, educators, and students, brings together twenty-two new essays by experts in various aspects of HC. An introduction and conclusion by the editors contextualizes the essays in the broader history and literature of the field.
- Author BiographyFREDERIC W. HAFFERTY is professor of medical education and associate director of the Program for Professionalism & Ethics at the Mayo Clinic. He received his undergraduate degree in social relations from Harvard in 1969 and his PhD in medical sociology from Yale in 1976. He has published widely on issues of medical education, professionalism, medical socialization and professional formation, and the hidden curricula of health professional education. JOSEPH F. O'DONNELL is professor of medicine and director of community programs at Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth College.
- Author(s)Frederic W. Hafferty,Joseph F. O'Donnell
- PublisherUniversity Press of New England
- Date of Publication06/01/2015
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationHanover
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDartmouth College Press
- Content Note14 charts and graphs
- Weight590 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.