All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.50
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.88
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.33
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.11
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.86
About this product
- DescriptionFor fans of Alice Munro and Lorrie Moore. A young girl, renamed Amerika in hour of the US role in the liberation of Kuwait, finds her name has become a barometer of her country's growing hostility towards the West. A middle-aged man dying from cancer looks back on his extramarital affairs and the abiding forgiveness of his wife. The headlines tell of war, unrest and religious clashes. But if you look beyond them you will see life in the Middle East as it is really lived - adolescent love, the fragility of marriage, pain of the most quotidian kind. Mai Al-Nakib's lumius stories unveil the lives of ordinary people - and the power of objects to hold extraordinary memories.
- Author BiographyMai Al-Nakib was born in Kuwait in 1970. She holds a PhD in English literature from Brown University in the USA and teaches postcolonial studies and comparative literature at Kuwait University. The Hidden Light of Objects is her first collection of short stories. She lives in Kuwait, and is currently writing her first novel.
- Author(s)Mai Al-Nakib
- PublisherBloomsbury Qatar Foundation Publishing
- Date of Publication23/04/2015
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationDoha
- Country of PublicationQatar
- ImprintBloomsbury Qatar Foundation Publishing
- Weight211 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.