Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.99Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA wonderful treat for all fans of the vels by Kate Atkinson and Dennis Lehane, David Bell's The Hiding Place is a powerful psychological suspense thriller which unravels the secrets of a damaged family in small town America. Sometimes it's easier to believe a lie ...Twenty-five-years ago, four-year-old Justin Manning disappeared. Two months later his body was found in a shallow grave in the woods, shocking the small town of Dove Point, Ohio. Janet Manning has been haunted by her brother's death since the day she lost sight of him in the park. Now, a detective and a reporter are asking questions, raising new suspicions and opening old wounds. But if the man jailed for the murder is incent, who did kill Justin? At the same time a stranger appears at Janet's door claiming to kw the truth and a high school friend returns, with his own confused memories of what happened. Janet thought she'd put the past and guilt behind her. But w the truth about her brother is heartbreakingly close - has she the courage to find it? Immerse yourself in David Bell's wonderfully gripping UK debut The Hiding Place and unravel the truth which lies buried in Janet's past...David Bell is an assistant professor of English at Western Kentucky University. He received an M.A. in creative writing from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, and a Ph.D. in American Literature and creative writing from the University of Cincinnati. Cemetery Girl was David Bell's first vel - The Hiding Place is his second. Praise for David Bell's Cemetery Girl: 'David Bell writes spellbinding and gripping thrillers that get under your skin and refuse to let go' Linwood Barclay 'Reads like a collaboration between Michael Connelly and the gothic fiction of Joyce Carol Oates ...A winner on every level' Will Lavender 'A haunting meditation on the ties that bind parent to child, husband to wife, brother to brother. An absolutely riveting, absorbing read t to be missed' Lisa Unger
- Author BiographyDavid Bell is an assistant professor of English at Western Kentucky University. He received an MA in Creative Writing from Miami University in Ohio, and a PhD in American Literature and Creative Writing from the University of Cincinnati.
- Author(s)David Bell
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication14/02/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Weight298 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $72.58Trending at AU $75.11
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.85
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.