All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $72.43
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $82.56
- AU $11.56Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.32
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.48
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $11.47Trending at AU $14.15
About this product
- DescriptionNEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER Legend has it that Paxon Leah is descended from the royals and warriors who once ruled the Highlands and waged war with magical weapons. But those kings, queens, and heroes are long gone, and there is thing enchanted about the antique sword that hangs above Paxon's fireplace. Running his family's modest shipping business, Paxon leads a quiet life--until extraordinary circumstances overturn his simple world . . . and rewrite his destiny. When his brash young sister is abducted by a menacing stranger, Paxon races to her rescue with the only weapon he can find. And in a harrowing duel, he is stunned to discover powerful magic unleashed within him--and within his ancestors' ancient blade. But his formidable new ability is dangerous in untrained hands, and Paxon must master it quickly because his nearly fatal clash with the dark sorcerer Arcannen won't be his last. Leaving behind home and hearth, he journeys to the keep of the fabled Druid order to learn the secrets of magic and earn the right to become their sworn protector. But treachery is afoot deep in the Druids' ranks. And the blackest of sorcery is twisting a helpless incent into a murderous agent of evil. To halt an insidious plot that threatens t only the Druid order but all the Four Lands, Paxon Leah must summon the profound magic in his blood and the legendary mettle of his elders in the battle fate has chosen him to fight. Praise for The High Druid's Blade High adventure, lots of action, and appealing [characters] . . . a good place for new readers to jump into the author's world. -- Library Journal Terry Brooks is a grandmaster of the fantasy genre, and his latest will both captivate and surprise readers. . . . It's truly magical. --Associated Press Brooks once again gifts readers with a breathless adventure in this new Shannara trilogy, the Defenders of Shannara. The action begins in the first chapter and doesn't end until the last page. -- RT Book Reviews A great place to introduce yourself to all of Brooks's vels . . . [ The High Druid's Blade ] is a great stand-alone book and will definitely throw you headfirst into the world of Shannara. --Whedopolis The High Druid's Blade is an intriguing, action-filled vel that you are sure to love. --Faire's Fair Book Reviews Readers both new [and old] will enjoy reading The High Druid's Blade. --The Arched Doorway An enjoyable read . . . I will definitely be picking up the next book when it comes out. --Jessie Reads Everything Praise for Terry Brooks The Sword of Shannara is an unforgettable and wildly entertaining epic, animated by Terry Brooks's cosmically generative imagination and storytelling joy. --Karen Russell, New York Times bestselling author of Swamplandia! If Tolkien is the grandfather of modern fantasy, Terry Brooks is its favorite uncle. --Peter V. Brett, New York Times bestselling author of The Desert Spear I can't even begin to count how many of Terry Brooks's books I've read (and reread) over the years. From Shannara to Landover, his work was a huge part of my childhood. --Patrick Rothfuss, New York Times bestselling author of The Name of the Wind From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyTerry Brooks is the New York Times bestselling author of more than thirty books, including the Dark Legacy of Shannara adventures Wards of Faerie, Bloodfire Quest, and Witch Wraith; the Legends of Shannara novels Bearers of the Black Staff and The Measure of the Magic; the Genesis of Shannara trilogy: Armageddon's Children, The Elves of Cintra, and The Gypsy Morph; The Sword of Shannara; the Voyage of the Jerle Shannara trilogy: Ilse Witch, Antrax, and Morgawr; the High Druid of Shannara trilogy: Jarka Ruus, Tanequil, and Straken; the nonfiction book Sometimes the Magic Works: Lessons from a Writing Life; and the novel based upon the screenplay and story by George Lucas, Star Wars: (R) Episode I The Phantom Menace. (TM) His novels Running with the Demon and A Knight of the Word were selected by the Rocky Mountain News as two of the best science fiction/fantasy novels of the twentieth century. The author lives with his wife, Judine, in the Pacific Northwest.
- Author(s)Terry Brooks
- PublisherTurtleback Books
- Date of Publication28/04/2015
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleDefenders of Shannara
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTurtleback Books
- Weight249 g
- Width109 mm
- Height168 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.