All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHoist the Jolly Robin! Fly with a swashbuckling crew as they soar through the air in search of treasure and lofty adventure. Captain Blue Jay, torious and feared pirate of the skies, has a fondness for collecting treasure, especially eggs. Unfortunately, sometimes his treasure hatches: and this time the hatchling is the strangest one the Grosbeak has ever seen. Whether the chick is a young god or just an oversized bird who needs too much food, sailor is certain. But one thing is clear: the winds over Thrushland are shifting, and dramatic changes are in store for all. Whether outwitting a gang of thieving crows, outrunning murderous weasels or rallying Briarloch's beleaguered sparrows, this motley crew must do all they can to stay together ...and stay alive.
- Author BiographyScott Nash has illustrated more than forty children's books, including Saturday Night at the Dinosaur Stomp by Carol Diggory Shields, Oh, Tucker! by Stephen Kroll and Tuff Fluff, which he both wrote and illustrated. Now, inspired by his childhood readings of such classics as Treasure Island and Robinson Crusoe and a lifelong love of bird-watching, he has created his most ambitious project to date: his first novel and first foray into an entirely new and technically precise style of artwork. Scott Nash lives in Maine, USA.
- Author(s)Scott Nash
- PublisherCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication04/10/2012
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationMassachusetts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Content Note100
- Weight721 g
- Width163 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Illustrator(s)Scott Nash
- Interest AgeFrom 8
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.12
- AU $23.70Trending at AU $26.63
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $47.15Trending at AU $53.31
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.95
- AU $36.45Trending at AU $45.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.