All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Flat Tops Wilderness Area is unique, a high plateau at 11,000 feet. Its nearly flat surface is covered with woodlands and alpine meadows, pockmarked with hundreds of lakes and drained by mountain streams. The wilderness is accessed by a network of trails for hikers and horseback riders alike. A visitor could spend an entire season here and t see all of this magnificent wilderness. This book is the only comprehensive guide to the Flat Tops Wilderness. It gives detailed directions to each trailhead and describes what you will find along the many trails. You will discover the many wonders of the Flat Tops; its geologic history from the episodes of mountain building and subsistence, and inundation by warm seas; the periods of volcanism and succeeding ice ages; and the first visitors to this remarkable land. The wildlife of the region, the flora and fauna, the weather, and seasons are all described. You will also learn common sense ways to protect wilderness environment as well as yourself on a visit to this incomparable land.
- Author BiographyAl Marlowe, freelance writer and photographer for outdoor recreation publications, is a member of the Rocky Mountain Outdoor Writers and Photographers. He has been published in American Angler ; American Survival Guide ; Arkansas Outdoors; Backpacker; Bird Dog News; Colorado Dept. of Natural Resources; Colorado Outdoors; National Wildlife Federation; Rocky Mountain Game & Fish; Rocky Mountain Streamside; and Western Outdoors. Karen Rae Christopherson (ColoradoFishing.net) has traveled extensively throughout the US and world with her fly rod in tow.
- Author(s)Al Marlowe,Karen Christopherson
- PublisherWestwinds Press
- Date of Publication16/06/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitlePruett
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestwinds Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations, maps
- Weight272 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.66Trending at AU $38.33
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.