All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $12.05
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.18Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $20.41Trending at AU $30.97
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $19.43Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionThe townland of Kilroan in the 1970s is at risk of being trapped for ever in an earlier version of itself, a time when shell-shocked soldiers returned from the trenches, and convent orphans could be billeted as servants on poor farmers; a time when a glamorous Irish American finds her liberated ways mean flirting is flirting with death, and a chance meeting on a train means the postman's widow must face her past. Patrick O'Keeffe's Ireland is a precarious world, but it is also a place of natural beauty, of laughter, of family closeness, a place where stories can change lives. These four unforgettable vellas mark the emergence of an original and exciting new voice.
- Author BiographyPatrick O'Keeffe was born and grew up in Co. Limerick, but moved to the United States in his 20s and now lives and teaches at the University of Michigan. He is working on a novel.
- Author(s)Patrick O'Keeffe
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication21/08/2006
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.