All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe head of Italy's first family of winemaking reflects on the Antiris' six-hundred-year legacy and a life of good food and drink in the hills of Tuscany. If you kw wine, you kw the name Antiri. Since 1385, this ble Florentine family has produced some of Italy's finest wines. The Hills of Chianti tells the story of the Antiris and the Tuscany they call home, through seven iconic bottles that define their legacy. From the Tignanello that ushered in the era of Super Tuscans to limited-edition vintages, these wines embody a way of life and will excite oephile readers and lovers of Italy alike. In this family memoir Piero Antiri reveals the passion, tradition, and love of craft that have driven twenty-seven generations of vintners: from the first ancestor who signed up to the winemakers guild in the fourteenth century to Antiri's own three daughters, poised to carry this most celebrated family of artisans into the future. But The Hills of Chianti is about much more than wine. At its heart the Antiri story is about Tuscan-ness: a connection to the land, an appreciation for good food and drink, and the quintessentially Italian love of hospitality that make this one of the world's most inspiring and memorable destinations.
- Author BiographyMarchese Piero Antinori is president of Marchesi Antinori, one of the most historic and prestigious names in Tuscan viticulture. The Antinori estate today is a multi-layered wine conglomerate with operations in Italy and around the world. Most recent in a long list of recognitions, he received a Lifetime Achievement Award from Wine Enthusiast magazine in 2009 for bringing Italy to the forefront of world oenology in terms of innovation, quality, and recognition.
- Author(s)Natalie Danford,Piero Antinori
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication09/09/2014
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli Ex Libris
- Weight463 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $42.94
- AU $19.58Trending at AU $22.53
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.11
- AU $43.32Trending at AU $48.72
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.61
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.85
- AU $21.96Trending at AU $24.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.