All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Volume 3 of The Straits Quartet, young, beautiful and wealthy widow Charlotte Macleod leaves Batavia in the 1850s and returns to Singapore for the English education of her two young sons. She is determined t to be drawn back into a secret affair with Zhen, the married Chinese merchant, triad-member and man she loves who is, unbekwnst to him, the father of her eldest son, Alex. Charlotte is convinced she can find happiness in a respectable marriage with the attractive but reticent Captain Maitland. But when murder and death strike, Singapore erupts in the violence of triad wars and Zhen's growing affection for Alex gives cause for alarm, she must make some hard decisions, for her children and herself. Drawing on the real-life historical personalities of the time, Dawn Farnham mixes fact and fiction to paint a rich portrait of mid-nineteenth-century Singapore and the realm of the White Rajah of Sarawak, at a time when triads, piracy and crime were rife and life in colonial Southeast Asia was anything but safe.
- Author BiographyDawn Farnham (Yokine, WA) is the author of The Straits Quartet, a bestselling series of historical romance set in 19th-century Singapore, as well as numerous short stories, plays and children's books.
- Author(s)Dawn Farnham
- PublisherMonsoon Books
- Date of Publication31/03/2016
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Series TitleThe Straits Quartet
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- Content Notemaps
- Weight320 g
- Width129 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.63
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $16.42Trending at AU $24.69
- AU $12.50Trending at AU $15.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.