Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.80Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionMeet Mohan, a rhi with painfully sore feet. And Patch, a falcon with a broken wishbone. And Kachina, a bear cub with brittle bones. Not to mention Alfredito, a hippo suffering from a sever bout of toothache. All these animals owe their lives to the dedicated zoo and wild animal vets who employ boundless ingenuity and expertise to care for them and who, in this beguiling book, tell the stories of their most memorable cases. They describe t only the meticulous detective work that goes into making a diagsis but also the pioneering techniques they have developed. And they talk freely and movingly about the bonds they form with their exotic patients.. Whether it's one doctor's determined effort to save a critically ill lemur, the neurosurgeon who was persuaded to operate on a paralysed kangaroo, or the vet who refused to give up on an orphaned baby beluga whale, these are acts of rescue, kindness and co-operation that will warm every animal lover's heart.
- Author BiographyLucy H. Spelman, DVM, is the regional veterinary manager for the Mountain Gorilla Veterinary Project in central Africa, based in Rwanda. She is the former director of the Smithsonian National Zoo in Washington, D.C., and has been featured on Animal Planet and the Discovery Channel. Her website is www.drlucyspelman.com. Ted Y. Mashima, DVM, is the president of Mashima Communication, based in Gaithersburg, Maryland. He lectures frequently and is the former associate director for the Centre for Public and Corporate Veterinary Medicine at the University of Maryland.
- Author(s)Lucy H. Spelman,Ted Y. Mashima
- Date of Publication03/09/2009
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRandom House Books
- Content NoteColour plate section
- Weight361 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.