All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionThe introduction to this new guide sets out the sources (Graeco-Roman, Jewish and Christian), ting the problems connected with them, paying particular attention to the nature of the gospels, and the Syptic versus the Johannine tradition. A substantial section will discuss scholarship on Jesus from the nineteenth century to the explosion of works in the present day, introducing and explaining the three different quests for the historical Jesus. Subsequent chapters will analyse key themes in historical Jesus research: Jesus Galilean origins; the scope of his ministry and models of holy men, particularly that of prophet; Jesus teaching and healing; his trial and crucifixion; the highly contentious question of his resurrection; and finally an exploration of the links between the Jesus movement and the early church. Throughout, the (often opposing) positions of a variety of key scholars will be explained and discussed (eg. Sanders, Crossan, Dunn, Wright, Brown).
- Author BiographyHelen Bond is Senior Lecturer in New Testament at the University of Edinburgh, UK.
- Author(s)Helen K. Bond
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication29/03/2012
- SubjectReligious Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleGuides for the Perplexed
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight424 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.